Agents and New Builds
When a Builder employs a salesperson part of their job is to:
- Make sure that you only buy a home from them.
- Sell the house for the most money possible.
- When appropriate sell you highly profitable extras for the house.
- Protect the best interest of the Builder.
Buyers should select a real estate agent who will be paid by the Builder at no cost to you. (Ask the Builder how much the house costs with and without an Agent, and you will quickly see that the homes are not normally discounted without the Agent.)
Your Real Estate Agent will:
- Make sure you buy the house that is most appropriate for you.
- Obtain the house on the best possible financial terms.
- Give you advice about which house will have the greatest resale potential.
- Help you select the appropriate finishes and select the best lot, so that your house will have a competitive advantage when it is time to sell.
- Shop for the least expensive mortgage.
- Work on your behalf to solve problems that arise during the construction process, through closing and beyond.
- Create value for the Buyer so their investment is likely to appreciate competitively
NOTE: When you first contact any new home builder be sure to register your agent. This clearly defines that you will have someone on your side during the transaction.